Louis Latour Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru "Morgeot" 2017
- The wines of Chassagne-Montrachet offer great value and timeless image. These wines command lower prices compared with those from the neighbouring appellations of Meursault and Puligny-Montrachet, and represent good value for money. The wines are bold and reminiscent of exotic fruits and Morgeot, which lies mid-slope with a south-easterly exposure, is a perfect example of this style. Morgeot lies on the border between the Côte d'Or and Saone-et-Loire regions, which was a boundary in the Gallo-Roman period. At this time this plot of land was called Morga from the Latin margo which means edge border from which today's name Morgeot is derived.Vinification & Ageing
- FermentationTraditional in oak barrels with complete malolactic fermentation
- Ageing8 to 10 months ageing in oak barrels, 50% new
- BarrelsLouis Latour cooperage, French oak, medium toastedWine tasting
- Tasting NoteWith a very attractive nose, our Chassagne-Montrachet 1er Cru "Morgeot" 2017 reveals melon and citrus fruit flavors, such as lemon and grapefruit. The mouth is very fresh and crisp with peach hints. Well-balanced.
Delivery is free within the Columbus, Ohio metro area with a minumum order of $50. We do deliveries Monday through Saturday, and will contact you with specifics after you order. We will text you shortly before we arrive with your delivery. ID showing age 21 or older will be checked at time of delivery.
IN-STORE PICK-UP INFO
Wine boxes ordered online by 2pm Monday through Saturday will be available for same-day pick-up by 5pm. Boxes ordered after 2pm will be available the following pick-up day by 5pm.